Want to know how to measure a trampoline without any hassle then you are on the right spot!
Before you make a purchase, you need to determine the right measurement of your trampoline. There are some factors such as rain, snow, and others that can cause trampoline parts.
That is why jumping on a malfunctioning trampoline can be dangerous for your kids and other jumpers.
It may cause some serious injuries such as back pain or discomfort that no one anticipates. As a result, you’ll have to replace the damaged or broken parts of your trampoline as soon as possible to avoid injury-causing incidents.
It is crucial to know the exact dimensions of the defective part of your trampoline before you replace them because it will help you to get the correct size.
Furthermore, it is important to know how to measure a trampoline because it will also assist you to save money and time.
In this article, you’ll learn how to measure a trampoline or how to measure the primary replacement parts of the trampoline for instance mat, spring, net, and pad.
If you want to measure your trampoline efficiently then read this article till the end because it is going to help you a lot.
Let’s dive into the details!
Why Accurate Trampoline Measurement is Necessary?
The accurate measurement of the trampoline is essential due to some crucial factors in particular to money and time issues, safety concerns, and good exercise.
Real Money & Time Issue:
It will be a waste of time and money if you install and buy an incorrect trampoline part because after installing that you won’t be able to continue it for long and it will not work for a long period. As a result, you need to determine the size or dimensions before you buy a trampoline part and make sure the right size of it.
Inaccurate Part will Not Provide Good Exercise:
If you want a wonderful jumping over a trampoline then you’ll need the exact sizes for the springs, frame, and other parts of the trampoline because they make you able to jump high and experience amazing bouncing.
If the mat of your trampoline or the mat you are looking for in the market is loose then it will not provide you a proper workout. In conclusion, you’ll not be able to burn as many calories as you would like to burn.
For Safety Reasons:
The most important factor is that you’ll have to measure accurately for the concerns of safety. If you want to replace the old ones then you must measure that specific part correctly and carefully.
The more accurate the measurement will be the more right you may choose your replacement parts for your trampoline.
Although, if you don’t measure the parts properly then there is a chance that you won’t be able to find the right size parts for your trampoline.
Moreover, the installment of an incorrect part can cause serious accidents. As a result, do not overlook the simple work otherwise it will be a source of dissatisfaction for you.
Things Needed to Measure A Trampoline:
It is a very simple task to measure a trampoline and everyone can perform that. You do not need a team of individuals because you can do it all alone. However, if you’ll be measuring the large parts such as the frame or mat then you’ll need someone to assist you otherwise not. There are some things that you’ll need to measure your trampoline parts for instance;
- A Spring Puller
- Among Other Things
You must have all the above things if you want to measure the size of your replaced parts and then measure accurately for getting a proper size part.
Trampoline Measuring Guide:
Usually, in a trampoline, some parts are replaced frequently such as mats, springs, spring pads, nets, and other important parts of the trampoline. When you want to replace a component of your trampoline then you’ll need to first measure that part and then you can replace that easily. Now, the question arises how to measure those trampoline parts properly? then, for you here is a part to part guidance for measuring correctly in an easy way.
How To Measure A Trampoline Mats:
The trampoline mat is one of the essential parts of the trampoline and it is being measured from frame to frame. You can’t measure the mat to mat distances because the mat stretches over time and that is why you must measure from frame to frame. Although you can get a quick measurement it will be slightly incorrect size if you measure the mat diameter.
If you want a more precise measurement of your trampoline mat then you’ll need to consider taking a frame measurement. And the next part goes into the specifics of the procedure. Even so, it depends on the shape and type of the trampoline and the technique of measurement may differ slightly. Let’s have a look at the various methods of measuring trampoline mats according to their shapes.
The measurement of a round-shaped trampoline is quite simple in comparison to other shapes. You can perform this task of determining measurement in several ways for instance;
- Firstly place your ruler or measuring tape on the frame of the trampoline
- Straight it across the frame and then measure the circumference from one end to the other.
- Perform this at least three times for determining the average value of the various angles.
- After doing this, make a note of the data with an appropriate unit for the record.
- Now, you’ll need to take an average measurement of the trampoline mat’s diameter from fabric to fabric; however, do this while eliminating the V-rings of the springs.
- You’ll also have to determine the measurement of the length of the springs and the number of V-rings or springs.
Usually, square trampolines have the same length and width and you do not need to put extra effort into measuring that. Now, let’s have a look at how you can determine the size of your square trampoline’s mat.
- Firstly, you’ll need to take an average measurement of your trampoline’s frame length and width from the outer sides. Because a square trampoline’s frame can be measured by determining the size of the trampoline from length and width.
- Then, measure the length and width size of the mat.
- After that, measure the length of the springs and the total number of springs.
If you have a rectangular trampoline and you want to replace the mat then the measuring procedure will be different. For this purpose, you’ll have to measure the length and the width of your rectangular trampoline’s mat.
- Primarily, it is important to measure the trampoline frame’s length and width and then note down the measurements.
- Secondly, you’ll also need to measure the length or width of the rectangular mat.
- Finally, also determine the size of the springs in length and make a note of the number of springs.
Oval trampolines are not the round ones but they seem round and you can measure them as you measure round trampolines. In conclusion, it requires a few additional measurements than the round trampolines. Let’s dive into the details!
- If you are willing to measure an oval trampoline’s mat than for you it is necessary to measure the longest side of the frame from the exterior side.
- After performing that part, now you’ll need to determine the smallest side space.
- In the same manner, also measure the actual side of the mat.
- Eventually, measure the length of the trampoline springs and also ensure to count the number of them.
Measuring the frame and mat size of any type of trampoline such as hexagonal, octagonal, etc can be significantly more difficult than the other ordinary shapes of trampolines for instance round, square and oval, etc.
- If you are required to measure the mat and frame of an octagonal or other complex-shaped trampoline then you must do so slightly.
- You’ll need to measure the frame length diagonally from one outer end to the other one.
- In the same manner, also determine the size of the trampoline mat.
- At last, measure the length of the springs and then note down the quantity of the springs.
How To Measure Trampoline Springs:
The springs of the trampoline are the necessary parts of any trampoline because they help individuals to jump at height. When you are willing to replace the springs then this question arises: how to measure the trampoline springs? To get this answer just read further.
- Firstly, you’ll have to use a spring puller and then dismantle one or more springs from the end of the hook.
- After that, use a ruler to determine the length.
- Then, determine the number of springs that you want to replace.
- If you are willing to replace all the springs of your trampoline then disassemble them and count the total number of springs.
While measuring the spring’s length make sure that the spring shouldn’t be too strained. Do not include that spring into your measurement if that enlarges dramatically. The reason is that springs stretch to some extent over the period. Trace for the small extended one and do consider the stretching while you purchase the springs. You can also get the exact size by consulting the manufacturer of your trampoline.
How to Measure A Trampoline Net:
If you want to get one or replace the old one then you’ll first have to know how to measure a trampoline for a net. For that purpose just follow the steps and you can perform the measurement task easily.
- If you possess the round trampoline then you’ll have to measure the diameter of the frame.
- Secondly, you must figure out how many holes are there in the enclosure.
- You’ll also need to measure the height of the pole to determine the height of the net.
- In case, if you have a different shaped trampoline then measure the frame rather than the diameter according to circumstances.
- Do the same with the poles, note down the number of poles and height of them.
You need to know how to measure trampoline size for net when you’re measuring the net size of your trampoline then do not forget to factor in the trampoline net zipper and door.
How To Measure A Trampoline Pad:
Trampoline pads work as a cover for springs and it protects jumpers from their direct contact with the frame and springs. The geometry of the trampoline is used to determine the size of the springs and let’s have a look at how to measure the size of a trampoline pad or spring cover.
- It is very easy to measure a trampoline pad and it is not the same but quite near to the procedure of measuring the trampoline mat.
- First of all, you’ll have to measure the outer to outer edge diameter of the frame.
- Then take a note of the dimensions of the mat.
- You can calculate the width of the spring pad by subtracting the frame’s diameter from the mat diameter.
Usually, the size of the spring pad that will suit your trampoline is determined by the diameter of the frame and the width of the frame pad can also be determined by the measurement of the frame’s outer end to the pad edge. The procedure of measurement can differ slightly because it depends on the trampoline design however, the ideal idea remains as it is.
How To Measure A Trampoline Poles:
Trampoline poles are also an essential part of your trampoline because they support trampoline cages. If you want to replace them then there will be a need to measure them properly. Most of the time, a basketball hoop is linked to the trampoline poles or enclosure nets too.
If you want to build a clubhouse on the top of your trampoline then these poles will be helpful for you. Furthermore, in the case of replacing the trampoline poles occasionally, you’ll need to measure them which is a relatively simple procedure.
Trampoline poles are straight metal frames and these can be measured with a tape or measuring rule in length.
Other Things To Remember while Measuring A Trampoline Size:
Several factors will help you to measure accurately the trampoline dimensions. Simultaneously, you must take various safety steps before measurement. Let’s get to know them.
- Try to measure each dimension several times to make sure the correct one.
- While measuring, you must make a note of your measurement units.
- If you are measuring the distance then ensure to measure straight from one end to the other.
- When you are dismantling the spring, make sure to handle this with care.
- Be careful if you trace a rusted frame.
- Try to make sure that the mat is not ripped and if it is then do not stand on a ripped mat.
FAQs – How to Measure A Trampoline:
What is the Diameter of A 12 Feet Trampoline?
The diameter for a 12 feet trampoline will be 366 cm and you can measure the trampoline parts accordingly.
Are Trampolines Measured By Mat Or Frame?
If you have a rectangular trampoline then it should be measured by the frame rather than the mat just as round or circular trampolines are measured. Start with the two short sides of the trampoline and near the trampoline’s outer metal edge. Then, you’ll have to measure straight across the frame to the opposite side. Then, you’ll need to measure the frame diameter from both sides.
How Big is A 10 Feet Trampoline?
If you want to buy a trampoline of 10 feet and you want to know all the measurements of that before buying it then you’ll get to know that it’s quite big. The average diameter of a 10th feet trampoline is 305 cm with an enclosure and the jumping area is about 260 cm and the average height is 256cm.
How Do I Measure My Yard For A Trampoline?
You can measure your space for setting up your trampoline in an easy way. You can take the width and length of the trampoline which you want according to size and shape and then add 6 feet to both measurements for indicating the clearance required on each side.
What Size Trampoline Has 88 Springs?
A trampoline mat has a diameter of 147 inches and the size of your compatible spring is 7.0 inches. The total number of the V-rings will be 88 there.
How Much Space Do You Need For A 14 Feet Trampoline?
The diameter of the yard should be at least 14 feet and 148 inches if you want to space your trampoline. And the diameter of the mat will be 12 feet, 124.4 inches.
You must know how to measure a trampoline with its size properly. If you’ll not measure correctly or note down the exact data then it will just be a waste of your money, time, and effort. It is better to avoid such situations, always measure at least three times.
Measurement is important for safety concerns, time and money too. Follow the above-discussed steps of measurement and be ready to measure accurately your trampoline parts.